Since Soroptimist Int’l of Rancho Cordova & Gold River was chartered on August 1, 2009, we have made incredible impact to local communities and the world. Here is evidence of that impact:
- Over 200 homeless teen girls are passing their P.E. classes because they are no longer ashamed to change into their P.E. uniforms, allowing their peers to see their beautiful new undergarments and are doing better in school in general, because of their higher self-esteem and confidence, due to the new bras and panties we bought for them, over the last 8 years.
- Over 1200 domestic violence survivors, over the last 7 years, feel more normal and loved because they received one of our Comfort Kits.
- Over 300 children of domestic violence survivors, over the last 4 years, also “felt the love” and are also able to restart their young lives with their very own Comfort Kid kit.
- Approximately 150 girls per year, since 2014, stayed in school, rather than be sent home with menstrual cramps, because 15-30 minutes of using a heating pad, that we provided to the school nurses at both Cordova and Kinney High schools, relieved their discomfort enough so they could return to class.
- A total of 200 kindergartners and 1st graders, over 2 years, had personal time with Santa, received 2 free 5×7 portraits with Santa, a Christmas party and a book as a gift, who would have ordinarily been denied this holiday tradition because of their family’s extreme poverty in December 2012 and 2013.
- Over 750 girls won’t be a target of traffickers due to the hundreds of Dress a Girl Around the World dresses that we helped make between 2015 and 2016.
- Live Your Dream awards have been awarded to 11 women over 9 years!
- Ruby awards have been awarded to 5 women!
- Violet Richardson awards have been awarded to 5 girls from 2009 to 2014!
- We’ve helped make 15 homeless high school senior girls, over 3 years, feel like a princess for their Senior Ball, with a new dress and shoes, mani/pedi, hair-styling and makeup consultation. These girls would have missed this high school tradition and memory, if not for our club’s assistance.
- We raised enough money to buy 40 Solar Cookers for Sudanese families escaping genocide through Governor Kay’s “Kay’s Cookers” campaign
- “Adopted” 4 homeless teen girls for Christmas, by fulfilling their Christmas wishes in 2017
- Gave one of our Comfort Kits to a homeless teen girl who was in crisis in 2015.
- Our club facilitated the “adoption” of a former Live Your Dream winner and her two daughters by a local, and very involved, Rancho Cordova company who fulfilled all our Live Your Dream winner and her daughters’ Christmas wishes in Dec, 2017. The Live Your Dream winner plus her two daughters equals 3 lives changed. If you include Emily, our contact at the adoptive company, who was very touched by our club’s Live Your Dream program and the humbleness and gratefulness of our Live Your Dream winner, that’s 4 women’s lives that have been changed and improved!
TOTAL LIVES CHANGED & IMPROVED 2009-2018: 3,939