Today’s birthday celebration was FANTASTIC! Thank you to everyone who came and shared in our joy! Here’s the link to the video made to celebrate our 10 years of programs and all members past and present: https://youtu.be/FiOj8SxaMvo
Everyone is invited to help Soroptimist International of Rancho Cordova & Gold River celebrate a DECADE of service to women and girls in our community and around the world. Rejoice in our accomplishments and learn about our plans for the future. Celebrate our past award winners’ accomplishments as well as recognize past and current members, who helped make the club what it is today…A vital community partner and champion for women and girls.
Admission is $15. There will be a brief program complete with fun retrospective video showing the club’s activities over the years, appetizers and non-alcoholic beverages, door prizes, raffle opportunity and, of course, a birthday cake.
DATE/TIME: Saturday, August 10, 2019 11:30-2:30pm
LOCATION: Parkwest Cordova Casino, 2801 Prospect Park Dr, Rancho Cordova
You may purchase your convenience fee-free ticket here: https://guestli.st/619338 or you may pay at the door. Contact Sheryl Longsworth at email@example.com or 916-833-1218 with questions.
Since Soroptimist Int’l of Rancho Cordova & Gold River was chartered on August 1, 2009, we have made incredible impact to local communities and the world. Here is evidence of that impact:
- Over 244 homeless teen girls are passing their P.E. classes because they are no longer ashamed to change into their P.E. uniforms, allowing their peers to see their beautiful new undergarments and are doing better in school in general, because of their higher self-esteem and confidence, due to the new bras and panties we bought for them, over the last 9 years.
- Over 1225 domestic violence survivors, over the last 9 years, feel more normal and loved because they received one of our Comfort Kits.
- Over 325 children of domestic violence survivors, over the last 6 years, also “felt the love” and are also able to restart their young lives with their very own Comfort Kid kit.
- Approximately 100 girls per year, since 2014, stayed in school, rather than be sent home with menstrual cramps, because 15 minutes of using a heating pad, that we provided to the school nurses at both Cordova and Kinney High schools, relieved their discomfort enough so they could return to class. That’s 500 girls!
- A total of 200 kindergartners and 1st graders, over 2 years, had personal time with Santa, received 2 free 5×7 portraits with Santa, a Christmas party and a book as a gift, who would have ordinarily been denied this holiday tradition because of their family’s extreme poverty in December 2012 and 2013.
- Over 750 girls won’t be a target of traffickers due to the hundreds of Dress a Girl Around the World dresses that we helped make between 2015 and 2016.
- LYD awards have been awarded to 14 women over 10 years!
- Ruby awards have been awarded to 10 women over 10 years!
- Dan Skoglund Memorial Awards have been awarded to 3 women in 1st year, 2019
- Violet Richardson awards have been awarded to 5 girls from 2009 to 2014!
- We’ve helped make 15 homeless high school senior girls, over 3 years, feel like a princess for their Senior Ball, with a new dress and shoes, mani/pedi, hairstyling and makeup consultation. These girls would have missed this high school tradition and memory, if not for our club’s assistance.
- We raised enough money to buy 40 Solar Cookers for Sudanese families through Governor Kay’s “Kay’s Cookers” campaign
- “Adopted” 14 homeless teen moms and their children for Christmas since 2017.
- Gave one of our Comfort Kits to a homeless teen girl who was in crisis in 2015.
TOTAL LIVES CHANGED/IMPROVED 2009-2019: 3,350
Wow! I can’t believe how much we’ve done in our club’s 10-year existence with only 5-6 members a year on average!
If you shop at Amazon.com, please remember to shop via smile.amazon.com/ch/27-0598800, which will support our club. Amazon will donate to our club a portion of purchases! It costs nothing extra to you, and works whether you’re an Amazon Prime member or not.