Our club delivers several highly useful projects to the community:
- Comfort Kits: A heavy duty canvas tote bag filled with a 30 day supply of toiletries and personal care items given to survivors of domestic violence who have the courage to seek assistance from Women Escaping A Violent Environment (WEAVE). Our club assembles and delivers approximately 150 Comfort Kits per year to WEAVE.
- Comfort Kid Kits: A drawstring back pack filled with items for the children that these courageous women bring with them to the WEAVE safe house. Women frequently leave their violent partners in the middle of the night and children are frequently forced to leave all their toys and items of comfort behind. This is very traumatic for a child, so we hope to give them a few things to help comfort them, like a blanket, stuffed animal, and a few toys to help them restart their lives too.
- Dress A Girl Around the World: Dresses are created for young girls all over the world, who don’t have a nice dress to wear. Traffickers frequently target shabbily dressed girls because they appear that no one cares about them or will miss them. By providing a nice dress to these girls, we hope to reduce the number of potential trafficker targets.
- Bra Drive: Teen girls who come from economically-challenged environments, frequently do not have decent bra. These girls are so ashamed, that they will accept an “F” in their physical education class, rather than suffer the humiliation of dressing down into their PE uniforms in front of their peers. When the homeless liaison distributes items to these students at Payless Shoe Source, our club piggy backs onto the liaison’s event to also buy a brand new and properly fitting bra or bras for these young women.
- We are always looking for new project ideas. We’d love to hear yours!